Oboe First Aid Doctor (Thumbplate)
This book will help you keep your oboe in tip top condition, while also helping to solve some common issues. It demonstrates how to put your oboe together, how to keep it in brilliant condition, how to detect minor faults and how to do minor on the spot repairs & adjustments. Most importantly, it indicates when it would be more advisable to take your oboe to a qualified instrument repairer.
Some of the problems that this book covers are:
- Some of the screws on my oboe keep mysteriously undoing themselves.̴Ì_ What can I do about it?
- I can only get a sort of high C# and nothing else. What's wrong?
- My F# is difficult to play
- My pads keep sticking
- I can see some of the skin covering on one of my pads has torn and is hanging down. How do I replace the pad?
- I can't get bottom C only the C#
- And much more...